Comment on page
When building large programs, our enemy is complexity.
Some tools for managing complexity:
- Hierarchical abstraction.
- Create layers of abstraction, with clear abstraction barriers!
- “Design for change” (D. Parnas)
- Organize program around objects.
- Let objects decide how things are done.
- Hide information others don’t need.
Managing complexity is super important for large projects!
Module: A set of methods that work together as a whole to perform some task or set of related tasks. A module is said to be encapsulated if its implementation is completely hidden, and it can be accessed only through a documented interface.